As freight activity has grown in the U.S., state and local governments are seeking to understand freight’s demand on transportation systems and how strategic public investments in freight and logistics infrastructure can support more efficient supply chains and improve economic competitiveness. Freight planning requires expanded data and analytical tools, new methods to incorporate freight into existing policy, planning and project development activities and greater involvement from private sector stakeholders.
Freight Planning Services
Quetica offers an innovative approach to public sector freight planning beginning with strong capabilities in data analysis and supply chain optimization backed by freight plan development experience and policy expertise in trucking, rail crossing issues and economic development. Quetica’s work with state and local governments combines best practices in freight transportation planning with an enhanced analytical approach and a professional team with proven program management capabilities.
- Statewide Freight Transportation Network Optimization
- Statewide, Regional, Urban and Corridor Freight Plan Development
- Freight Element Development for Long Range Transportation Plans
- Freight Scenario Planning
- Freight Policy Analysis and Development
- Freight Data Research and Analysis
- Commodity Flow Analysis
- Logistics-Based Transportation Network Improvement Strategies
- Freight Advisory Group Support
- Freight Stakeholder Outreach
- Freight Funding and Financing Alternatives
- State Rail Plans