Leading companies in the world are going through a paradigm shift today to transition to Service-Oriented Enterprise (SOE). In a SOE, resources are partitioned and represented in terms of services and their interactions and interdependencies, providing consistency and simplicity throughout the enterprise and its entire supply chain. A well planned SOE implementation provides many benefits:
- Aligning business and IT, management goals and execution more effectively.
- Creating new space for agility and innovation in the enterprise.
- Connecting business processes more horizontally, reducing silos, and improving the overall operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Reduction of duplicate activities and systems in the enterprise.
- Clarity of the governance structure to achieve the right balance between centralized control with heavyweight, monolithic projects and decentralized structure with incompatible efforts.
A SOE depends on a sound Enterprise Architecture (EA) foundation to decompose all areas of business, information, information system, and technology infrastructure to loosely coupled functional services that can be outsourced, insourced, or brought together in shared services. EA is a relatively new discipline that identifies, develops, and manages a body of knowledge about the purpose and structure of an enterprise. The best known standards today in EA are TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework), FEAF (US Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework), and the Zachman framework.
Quetica helps clients develop their EA and transform to SOE using Quetica’s proprietary method, which is derived from industry best practices with augmentation and substantiation from Quetica’s deep practical expertise in building and running a SOE. Quetica offers many advantages to its clients:
- Quetica’s principals have built multiple large SOE’s from the ground up and understand theory and practice, strategy and tactic, business objective and technology constraint, risk and reward. Quetica’s unique value is the ability to translate that experience and knowledge into practical, best practice solutions quickly and with low risk for its clients.
- Quetica’s services do not stop at the high level architecture diagrams that average consultants would provide. Rather, Quetica’s consultants have the hands-on experience to go deep into the business and technical design to formulate solutions and help implement the solutions to deliver measurable value.
- With expertise in conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and operating large and complex enterprise services to support some of the largest organizations, such as Department of Defense, Citigroup, UnitedHealth Group, etc., Quetica’s consultants have direct experience in achieving the right balance among enterprise agility, scalability, flexibility, robustness, compliance, and financial performance.
- Equipped with deep technology expertise and strong business acumen, Quetica’s consultants understand that technology is an enabler for clients to accelerate business growth and improve operational profitability, and always deliver detailed, actionable recommendations with financial justification.