Designed to meet the needs of winter operations, Quetica’s Route Optimization & Dispatch solution empowers organizations to optimize their fleets, not just their routes. Integrating route optimization & planning with work dispatch & in-vehicle navigation, the solution supports end-to-end planning, operating and continuous improvement across winter fleet operations to help organizations. Overcoming common challenges with point-based route design tools, we use an adaptive approach to optimize snowplow routes for a multitude of constraints, scenarios, situations and objectives.
With the Route Dispatch module, fleet managers create, track and manage routes, as well as define routing scenarios to address different events (e.g., pretreating & plowing). Work tasks are dispatched to drivers via a web-based operations management console. Drivers access detailed route assignments and turn-by-turn navigation for assigned tasks via a mobile app.
• Reduce impacts of driver turnover and training needs
• Standardize treatment, manage resources and reduce costs
• Increase visibility into route progress
• identify incidents and incomplete work to improve service levels
• Efficiently transition tasks between drivers and/or divisions
• Effectively manage and analyze exceptions
• Increase focus, safety and reduce distractions
AVL data integration enables end-to-end process improvement, tracking route-by-route metrics and managing material usage to drive down costs.
The Route Optimization module enables organizations to configure a customized route optimization model using street data and operational constraints – and then utilize the model to design and generate optimized routes.
• Optimize resource utilization (people, equipment, materials, etc.)
• Design balanced routes based on depot locations
• Reduce costs via decreasing deadhead miles, labor hours, material consumption
• Improve service levels
• Streamline and standardize operations
• Improve safety and compliance in the field